UHMW PE Rod By Mold Pressing Way Not Extrusion Molding with White
UHMW-PE Rod is Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene Rod. The
molecular weight for the material is above 1.5million, it is a new
kind of engineering plastic. With high molecular weight, the melt
flowing rate is almost "0". The process is very difficult. And the
common way of process is compression moulding.
As you know the molecular is very high for UHMW-PE rod, so the
processing way is only mold pressing. The first step is to put the
material into mould, and then press it to sheet. The second step is
to cut the sheet into size according to customer requests.
- Low coefficient of friction
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- High-impact strength (will not break or shatter)
- Chemical resistance
- FDA and USDA accepted
- Broad temperature range (-450° to + 180° F)
- Little or no moisture absorption
- Noise resistance
- Easy to machine
1. Good abrasion resistant: the adrasion rate for UHMW-PE is 0.62,
for PTEF is 2.31 and for steel is 4.02.
2. High impact resistant: the impact rate for UHMW-PE is 140kj/m2,
for PTFE is 16kj/m2 and for ABS is 6-34kj/m2.
3.Low moisture absorption: the rate for UHMW-PE is 0.01-0, for ABS
is 0.20-0.45 and for POM is 0.25.
4.Low friction coefficient: for UHMW-PE is 0.07-0.11, for PTFE is
0.04-0.1 and for ABS is 0.38.
|Length||Diameter||Diameter Tolerance||Ellipticity||Special-Shaped Products|
|≦1200 mm||∅15-∅200 mm||±0.5 mm||≦4-6||Customized|